Designed for use in a variety of industrial environments, our character terminals are built rugged, consume low power and come in a variety of configurations. Handheld or panel-mount housing, programmable macros and customizable keypads are just a few available features to help you get the job done.
Beijer Electronics’ character terminals are designed to be low-cost options for machine and equipment builders in need of a simple, affordable programming pendant. Various gray-scale display options, RS232/422 serial communication, configurable keypads, backlighting and conformal coating options, all give designers options in integrating a programmable HMI.
- Supertwist, 20x4, LCD display
- 18-, 24- or 40-key tactile keypad
- RS-232 interface
- All parameters and configuration information are stored in nonvolatile memory
- Available in a handheld or panel-mount housing
- Industrially hardened to operate in many environmental conditions and meets NEMA-12/13 specifications
- CE certified
- Uses an external 5 VDC supply
- Low power: the EIA-232 unit uses only 28 mA from a 5 VDC supply (lighting off).
- Lighted display and vacuum-fluorescent display (VFD) are available as options
- RS-422 and 5-volt Buffered interfaces are available
- Optional regulator allows operation with a 7.5 to 24 VDC supply
- Make the terminal part of your product with a custom key legend and company logo label
- An optional manufacturer's ID code to protect your development investment